Position: WSIB Consultant
Dept: Employee Health, Safety & Wellness – Human Resources
Site: Mississauga Hospital (Able to Work at all sites)
Hours of Work/Shifts: 37.5 Hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Date posted: June 24, 2020
Closing date: July 10, 2020
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community - patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan - quality, access and sustainability - anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients - inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
The WSIB Claims consultant is a member of the Employee Health Safety and Wellness team and is responsible for the proactive and expert management of WSIB claims.
- Effectively manage all elements of the WSIB claims process including forms filing, incident investigation, return to work program development, objections and referrals to appropriate support resources
- Co-ordinates work rehabilitation programs and utilize modified work programs for WSIB claimants to assist in a timely and successful return to the workforce.
- Initiates and prepares objections to WSIB claims and decisions; represents the Trillium Health Partners at all WSIB/WSIAT (Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal) hearings and appeals.
- Reviews compensation awards/claims and ensures that accurate payments are made.
- Ensures compliance with all statutory and regulatory orders and procedures with respect to WSIB-related claims, documentation and appeals.
- Maintains and updates WSIB-related information and prepares statistical reports and documents as requested.
- Records all work-related incidents, including frequency, location, nature of accident, etc. Analyzes statistical reports in order to prevent accidents and/or reduce costs.
- Acts as a liaison with WSIB officials and all internal parties
- Monitors proposed or pending WSIB legislation or policy changes and prepares Trillium Health Partners responses or positions when warranted.
- Provides internal consultation and training to managers on all aspects of Early Intervention and Workers’ Safety and Insurance.
- Collaborate and liaise with other members of Employee Health, Safety and Wellness Team.
- Collaborate with the employee, manager, union, human resources to support return to work and other Health Workplace initiatives
- Maintain and respect confidential information
- Conduct effective return to work meetings
- Must be able to work at all sites within THP.
- Performs typical duties inherent to the position, and other duties as assigned
- Requires a minimum of three years of demonstrated related experience in the field of disability management occupational health and safety, specifically WSIB claims management, WSIB objections and appeals
- Completion of Disability Management certification or NIDMAR certification preferred
- Post-secondary degree in the health sector, with a registered professional designation within the disability management or professional health sector
- Requires a minimum of three years demonstrated NEER Rating experience. Strong medical knowledge
- MUST be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Parklane experience highly preferred.
- Outstanding multitasking and organizational skills to effectively deliver high quality work and meet the deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills. Ability to create and monitor progressive and successful individualized employee modified work programs
- Extensive knowledge of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Human Rights Code and other relevant legislation
- Positive attendance and work record essential.
- Must have analytical skills to maintain and interpret statistical data in order to recommend policies and procedures with respect to WSIB claims, documentation and appeals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with all levels of THP, as well as outside agencies. Self –confidence to provide mediation and dispute-resolution services.
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.