Position: Scheduling Coordinator, Student Liaison (Nursing and Allied Health)
Status: Full Time (1)
Dept/Health System: Education Office
Posted: October 13 2021
Internal Deadline: October 20, 2021
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
This position reports to the Manager, Education and works in collaboration with education office leadership, clinical educators and professional practice to support the coordination of student placements at Trillium Health Partners. The Scheduling Coordinator & Student Liaison will work with other education staff and our partnering academic institutions to successfully register and onboard nursing students and allied health students across all sites of Trillium Health Partners. This role also acts as the primary liaison for nursing students and allied health learners within the organization.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Works across all locations of Trillium Health Partners to support the Manager, Education and fulfill a range of key responsibilities including:
- Annual coordination of student placement opportunities at Trillium Health Partners for over 2000 nursing and allied health students
- Plans for and leads hospital registration for all nursing and allied health student placements across all Trillium Health Partners sites and partnering locations
- Coordinates hospital orientation for nursing and allied health students (including but not limited to): Protective Personal Equipment training, Mask Fit Testing and Clinical Application Systems Training (EPIC)
- Acts as the primary education office liaison for nursing and allied health students
- Engages key stakeholders such as clinical educators, professional practice leads, physicians, clinicians, program leadership and hospital staff to determine program capacity to support student placements
- Works in collaboration with other Education Office staff to ensure coordination and alignment across all clinical / clinical support programs involved in education
- Supports program operational activities to track and report data related to student placements at Trillium Health Partners
- Coordinates and manages dissemination of Learner Engagement Survey for nursing and allied health students
- Collaborates with scheduling / intake coordinators accountable for interprofessional learners in the organization to coordinate learner scheduling where applicable
- Assists in the promotion and coordination of interprofessional education programs
- Establishes and maintains effective partnerships with partnering academic institutions to expand placement opportunities for students at Trillium Health Partners
- Travel between all three sites of Trillium Health Partners is required
- Regular full time position, with flexibility to work outside of regular business hours to meet stakeholder needs as necessary
Knowledge & Experience
- University Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a hospital or other health care related field
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and clinician engagement
- Understanding of education in academic environment
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong customer service and stakeholder management skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conflict resolution skills
- Strong conceptual skills and systems thinking
- Excellent technical skills in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- The ability to function effectively during periods of rapid change and transition
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with management, internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to link operational practices to business strategies
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.