Position: Senior Deskside Support Technician (SSW) - Full Time
Status: Permanent Full Time
Dept: Information Services
Site: Credit Valley Hospital
Posted: October 14, 2021
Internal Deadline: October 21, 2021
Position: Senior Deskside Support Technician - SSW
The role of the Senior Deskside Support Technician is a customer service focused position that requires the candidate to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team to support the organizations service expectations. The primary responsibility and accountability is to resolve client technology issues and challenges in an efficient, timely and courteous manner via various communication methods including phone, voicemail, email and in person. In addition, this role is required to lead and assist in various IT related projects as required.
This position will be permanently located at the Shared Services West (SSW) offices in Burlington, Ontario. SSW was established in 2001 and is a not-for-profit shared services organization with expertise in supply chain management, process optimization, and redevelopment planning. Working collaboratively with our stakeholders, SSW delivers cost efficient services with a focus on innovative solutions. This position will have a dual-reporting role - primarily to the Manager, IT Customer Support at Trillium Health Partners (THP) and next to the Director, Decision Support and Purchasing at Shared Services West (SSW)
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role is responsible for providing all 2nd level IT support, including; deskside, applications, network, telecom, mobile device, and server support. 3rd level support will be provided by THP. The successful candidates may be required to work some shifts outside of daytime and weekday hours for projects and special initiatives. The primary work location will be at SSW Burlington office, however, site visits to Trillium Health Partners and member hospitals i.e. Halton Healthcare and William Osler Health System will be required. The successful candidate should have a valid driver’s license and a car to commute between sites.
Working collaboratively with staff, your job duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- On-site resource to oversee the daily IT operations
- Aligning and prioritizing team members on the tasks and initiatives
- Works with customers and support staff to evaluate and solve technical issues and problems.
- Provides timely resolution for escalated service tickets within the department
- Deploy hardware including printers, mobile devices, laptops/desktops etc.
- Act as technical lead for SSW related projects
- Provide assistance for troubleshooting of hardware, software and network issues
- Performs proactive and preventive maintenance on end user devices
- Common administration activities with Active Directory to support users
- Provide end-user training when required
- Document issues and troubleshooting steps in the Incident Management system and knowledge base
- Provide ATPAR support for SSW member hospitals - Trillium Health Partners (THP), Halton Healthcare and William Osler Health System. Travel between sites will be required.
- Act as a functional escalation point for complex issues and problems.
- As a subject matter expert, coordinate technical requirements and deliverables with project and/or operational teams; estimates effort to complete deliverables
- Provide metrics and reports.
- Assist the IT Customer Support Manager with investigation, analysis of statistics and reports; looking for trends and problem areas to improve the level of service the team delivers
- Produces and provides cross training & documentation
- Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring to staff
- Keep abreast of technology changes and trends; evaluate current programs, processes and practices to recommend solutions that improve business processes, service solutions and best practices.
- Develop and foster relationships with member hospitals
- Ensure technology alignment amongst the member hospitals
- Reporting SLA and metrics to senior leadership
- Ensuring alignment and synergies with THP’s Information System Team;
- Work closely with THP Security to develop IT Security practices and policies and ensure compliance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- Advanced Windows 10 knowledge required
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred
- Microsoft MCSA and/or MCSE preferred
- ATPAR knowledge preferred
- Adobe’s EchoSign preferred
- Experience in supply chain management and healthcare is an asset
- 5+ years’ experience in providing customer support with a high level of professionalism required
- 5+ years of experience in Deskside Support required
- Project management experience is preferred
- Procurement experience is preferred
- Experience supporting Windows 10 & Microsoft Office is required, certification is preferred
- Office 365 experience is an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting incidents and performing root cause analysis
- Strong customer computing experience e.g. desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices (iPhone, Android, etc.), multifunction devices, desktop phones, voicemail
- Solid skills in supporting common end user applications including Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook, ATPAR etc.;
- Hands on and in-depth knowledge of Active Directory with working knowledge of Group Policy
- Experience with McAfee products: ePO, AV, Full-disk Encryption, DLP and policy management
- Experience with SCCM and Dell KACE Endpoint Systems Management and Deployment Products
- Experience with remote assistance tools and technologies such as Bomgar
- Experience with mobile device tools and technologies such as Mobile Iron, and Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of networking technologies such as VNP, TCP/IP, and wireless
- Experience in Scripting, Powershell, VBScripting
- Experience with IT Service Management tools such as HEAT
- Works well under pressure and time constraints and can prioritize competing priorities appropriately;
- Strong verbal and written communications; must be able to communicate with individuals with all levels of technical and non-technical skills
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.