Senior Associate, Information Systems & Solutions - NON-UNION
Posting ID: 2022-29179
Position Title: Senior Associate, Information Systems & Solutions
Reports To: Associate Director, Information Systems & Solutions
Posting Date: Thursday September 15, 2022
Closing Date: Friday September 30, 2022
Work Location: Trillium Health Partners Foundation: 89 Queensway W, Mississauga
We are on a mission to create a new kind of health care and we need extraordinary talent like you!
At Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF) our vision is bold: build a new kind of health care for a healthier community. Our work supports Trillium Health Partners (THP), comprised of Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre and one of the largest community-based, academically affiliated acute care facilities in Canada serving one of the fastest growing populations in the country. A teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto, THP serves Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities and last year alone received over 1.7 million patient visits. Throughout all of this, the ongoing pandemic has made clear what we as a Foundation always knew: without health care, we have nothing.
That’s why we need you, to ensure our community has access to the exceptional, compassionate and leading-edge care we are known for, today and for generations to come. Our 40+ member team is comprised of exceptional talent, with diverse backgrounds and expertise dedicated to raising the crucial funds needed to address the highest priority needs of THP. Our leadership is well-connected and respected in the non-profit sector, too. Our CEO, Caroline Riseboro was the recipient of Canada’s Most Admired™ CEO award and our organization transcends the spirit of collaboration.
Together, we are already making a massive impact – and having a ton of fun while doing it. In fact, because of our amazing Team, we recently secured the largest donation to a hospital in Canada, from renowned philanthropist Peter Gilgan and The Peter Gilgan Foundation. This record-breaking $105 million donation will help us build the largest hospital in Canada…but we need your help to get there.
We are looking to add to our roster to help us break more records and hit more fundraising milestones, all in pursuit of a healthier more resilient community.
Join our team and help build the future of health care with us.
THE POSITION – OVERVIEW:
THPF believes in the power of information systems, data and analytics to enable fundraising growth and enhance the experience of our donors and team members. Reporting to the Associate Director, Information System & Solutions, this position will be our organization’s point person on how to use information systems and tools to their full potential. You play an essential role in maintaining the Raiser’s Edge (CRM) and Luminate Online (eCRM) databases. You will also provide support in building and providing solutions for CRM data management. As a results-oriented individual you will bring experience, a customer-service orientation and a get it done attitude to collaborate with team members and provide day-to-day management and support the Foundation’s development and execution of database management and reporting.
The Senior Associate, Information Systems & Technology will deliver on a range of responsibilities to enable our entire Foundation team, including:
Database Administration and Management
In accordance with established IT protocols,
- High-level of proficiency in using Raiser’s Edge CRM systems
- High-level knowledge and understanding of relational database & information architecture in general with knowledge on all data collection and tracking components within Raiser’s Edge system
- Manage the automated and semi-automated solutions for hygiene of the Raiser’s Edge database, including constituent records updates, data clean-up and data integrity
- Support, AWS and SQL Server instances for production, testing and staging environment of production systems (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, Luminate Online)
- Support Microsoft PowerBI reporting solution and associated SQL instances and data gateways
- Create and Monitor database maintenance plans, backups, restores, jobs, performance tuning, and ensuring appropriate access controls are in place.
- Participate in the development of policies, rules and controls to ensure the data entered and contained in the database is accurate
- Implement data entry standards on contact information to ensure all donor and prospect records are accurately captured, maintained and meet privacy and mailing standards.
- Perform day-to-day activities to enable effective use of the database, including but not limited to set up and/or assignment of account codes/ fields, creating reports, performing complex queries, data extraction, global updates and imports.
- Adhere to database development standards and procedures and be able to document business requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting and problem solving support to database and application issues. Design and generate customized reporting/dashboards and establishes automated processes as necessary
- Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports and queries
- Support teams across the Foundation to input, access and interpret information from the donor database.
- Monitor periodic vendor upgrades, test software access and functionality post upgrade and report and manage IT technical issues with vendor/ Hospital’s IS team to resolution
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation.
- Liaise with vendors, consultants and partners in providing and acquiring various donor related information
- Analyzes, scopes, architects, supports development and testing, and delivers integrated, scalable data warehouse and related solutions aligned with high-level organization objectives and priorities.
Security and Privacy
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Trillium Health Partners and Trillium Health Partners Foundation
- Maintain database integrity, structure and security, including coordination of and execution of data cleaning procedures and integration.
- Take reasonable steps to safeguard the information in the custody or control of Trillium Health Partners Foundation, from such risks as unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or destruction.
- Perform regular unit tests to ensure database meets all security requirements
- Conduct administrator functions involving setting up and deactivating authorized users; assign and manage accompanying access rights
- Creates, contributes to and maintains documentation on databases, including their architecture, configuration, security, backup and recovery and data governance.
- Deploy and manage the Foundation’s IT hardware and software inventory (laptops/ desktops, monitors and other accompanying IT accessories; cell phones, etc.) across the organization in collaboration with the Hospital’s IS team
- Coordinate IT equipment repairs, applications, maintenance and upgrades in collaboration with the Hospital’s IS team and vendors through to resolution.
- Review and recommend organizational IT hardware requirements as required
- Liaise with Hospital’s IS team to support all Foundation hardware and software needs.
Training and Documentation
- Develop and implement user training plan over the functionality of software through one on one, group training sessions and/or leveraging vendor training programs
- Assist in implementation of ongoing lunch and learns for foundation staff focusing on information systems and databases
- Assist in developing and maintaining a staff training program related to any database software utilized by the Foundation
- Assist the development of all policies, procedures, training material and user manuals pertaining to all Foundation databases, systems and technology.
The ideal candidate for this role will display the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant or equivalent experience administrating Raiser’s Edge.
- Minimum 5 years DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or greater) in a production or hosted environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring, implementing and supporting SQL Server environments, including experience
- Eager to take on tasks and challenges and problem solve to resolution (get it done mentality).
- Flexible and adaptable team player with strong interpersonal
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent abilities to manage and utilize Raiser’s Edge to its full potential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with RE NXT, Financial Edge, Luminate Online, TeamRaiser, WordPress, domain maintenance and SQL an asset.
- Experience with Charities Directorate (CRA) rules and regulations an asset.
- Knowledge and experience working in Microsoft SQL, SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI Services, AWS and SQL Integration Services (SSIS)
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual, interpretive and evaluative skills in aid of administrative decision-making and problem solving.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, of databases technologies (e.g, MS SQL), methods to communicate to the database (e.g., T-SQL, PL-SQL), as well as, business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI, Crystal Reports, RE NXT Dashboards)
- Ability to design and implement of an enterprise data warehouse
Experience and Education
- University/ College degree/ diploma in Business/ Computer Science or other related disciplines or experience.
- Courses completed through Blackbaud University/Learn.
- Foundation staff are required to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Work may take place across the multiple sites of Trillium Health Partners and Trillium Health Partners Foundation.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is an asset.
- Employee should be available after hours in case of emergency and act as backup for Associate Director, Information Systems and Solution when needed
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work within deadlines.
- Be able to work independently and with minimum supervision. Able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a team atmosphere.
To pursue this career opportunity, please submit your cover letter and résumé at our hospitals website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
For further information on Trillium Health Partners Foundation we invite you to visit our website at www.trilliumgiving.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.