Employer: Trillium Health Partners
Position: Accelerator Service Technologist – Medical Physics
File No.: 2023-31358
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Employment Address: Credit Valley Hospital, 2200 Eglinton Ave W, Mississauga, ON L5M 2N1
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week
*Note: may be required to work on-call schedule and provide off-hour coverage
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible for reimbursement of relocation expenses. Eligible for enrollment in health benefit plan (extended medical insurance, dental and vision care, group life insurance, LTD), Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan.
Salary: $32.84- $44.01 CAD / hour
Contact: Please apply via the following link:Accelerator Service Technologist - Medical Physics in Mississauga, Ontario | Careers at CA-ON-Mississauga (icims.com)
The Carlo Fidani Regional Cancer Centre at the Trillium Health Partners Credit Valley Hospital Site is seeking Full Time Accelerator Service Technologists who will work in collaboration with the Medical Physics team to provide radiation treatment machine service and technical support in Radiation Oncology.
The Radiation Oncology program at the Carlo Fidani Regional Cancer Centre has 6 Varian radiation treatment linear accelerators and 2 Philips Big Bore CT Simulation suites. The Cancer Centre is integrated with Varian ARIA oncology information system providing an infrastructure for electronic data in Radiation Oncology.
As an integral part of our Medical Physics team, the Accelerator Service Technologists provide technical support working with a multidisciplinary team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide broad range of technical services to the Centre including assessment, emergency repairs, service and maintenance of radiotherapy treatment units to ensure minimal downtime for the safe treatment of patients.
- Perform diagnostics and resolutions of failures/faults on radiotherapy treatment machines and simulators, and related medical process control systems and circuits, computer systems and networks, and computer software.
- Ensure all service and maintenance to radiation treatment equipment follows appropriate safety standards
- Interacting with service personnel from equipment manufacturers to affect repairs and remain with service personnel during non-working hours when necessary.
- Responsible for setting up and operating specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of radiotherapy treatment units and simulators and their components and systems.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of radiotherapy treatment equipment installation and removal according to established standards.
- Make recommendations concerning the purchase of equipment and mechanical and electronic components; arrange orders for equipment and parts.
- Responsible for maintaining an appropriate parts inventory, writing specifications, preparing and delivering service reports and technical reports, schedules and budgets.
- Maintain records and act upon related equipment alerts/technical bulletins and advisories as issued by manufacturer or other regulatory bodies
- Participate in design and development of hardware or software to resolve challenges in clinical or technical workflow as required by the department or program needs
- Maintain up-to-date advancements in electronics and keep abreast with industry trends and best practices.
- Participate in Medical Physics Department Service and Quality Assurance meetings.
- Represent the department or program on various committees and in meetings as required.
- Educate and promote health, safety and wellness in the work place.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Completion of a three-year Electronic Technologist/Engineering diploma from a recognized college or post-secondary institution.
- 3-5 years of experience servicing radiation therapy equipment including completion of manufacturers’ training for radiation therapy equipment (medical linear accelerator) is required.
- Successful completion of manufacturers’ (Varian) training courses with at least one course successfully completed at the advanced level required.
- Specialized service training by Varian for medical linear accelerators and associated radiation oncology information system/infrastructure required.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repair of analogue and digital circuits, familiarity of clinical applications and networking of medical linear accelerator equipment
- Experience with high voltage, high vacuum, high power microwave technology, electronic control systems, computers, robotics, and microprocessor-based controllers is required.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, hydraulics, and pneumatics is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety regulations/issues with respect to radiation generating equipment and associated high voltage.
- Demonstrated excellence in trouble-shooting electronic/electrical system failures
- Ability to participate in the installation of new equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team, including the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record required.
- Commitment to high quality patient care, as well as to the safety of co-workers and patients.
- Ability to work on-call schedule and provide off-hour/extended coverage.
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.